Monday 30 June 2008

...Pardon?

Well!
Just returned from the land of Manchester (up a bit) after seeing My Bloody Valentine... ouch! So so so good... so so so SO loud... It was incredible. The noise/note they've been known to do for 20 minutes... they did for 30... earplugs were recommended and handed out on entry... Such an amazing gig. I'm so chuffed I got the chance to see them :) big "woop!". We stayed in a rather fun hotel, splashed out a little there but well worth it. No faffing about with midnight trains and 2.5 hours journeys. The train journey yesterday was looovely. I feel like I've not seen the countryside in forever. I sometimes forget it exists.


I cracked open the camera too and decided to be a faux tourist. It felt good to be out of Nottingham that's for sure.


We found this lovely cafe in Manchester and had our breakfast. I opted for peanut butter on toast and a coffee... The cafe was like a cross between a beach hut and a weird vintage house. Full of random odds and ends. My chair was a very large hand. And in the window next to me, hiding behind a cactus, was a large plastic flamingo.


A very special place. Sorry about my blurry picture, the light levels were very low and I think I was still shaking from the gig last night... To be honest I think it's going to take me a while to recover.


After pulling myself away from the cafe (I forgot to mention, which had an amazing shop tucked away in the back selling loads of beautiful stuff including some gorgeous sketch books that cost a fortune... in my eyes) we wandered about the streets and mooched around some more quirky shops before retiring to the train station and finding our way home.


I treated myself to a new little friend :) I fell in love with him. I nearly bought the large glow in the dark one but decided to go for the smaller one seeing as my shelf space in very limited... He doesn't have a name yet but I will keep you posted if I come up with anything suitable. I don't dare adapt him...


Right I think it's time for me to find something new to do :) and to try and relax my ears. Maybe find somewhere to doze.

Enjoy the sun