Friday 6 March 2009

Nearly done...


Above is another new mini print available in both shops. It's called 'Dear You, Sing me a song".
I thought I'd spend a tiny, weeny bit of time explaining what the Dear You prints are all about, since 2 days ago I didn't realise the collection would grown so quickly.

It started with the frame and it reminded me of old photographs of loved ones. The kind you associate with Victorian and Edwardian family heirlooms sitting on cluttered mantle pieces. It made me think about writing letters to these people in the pictures. Sometimes you find it easy to write them but never get round to sending them. I myself am great and writing replies to letters but terrible at posting them. This is where the titles came about. "Dear you" is how they all begin and you can imagine an endless collection of unfinished and unsent letters, each with their own picture. A different letter for a different person. Or a different picture for a different subject to write about.

I don't want to go into too much detail because it's up to you what you make of the sentiment for each piece. But I hope that gives a little insight into the random project that's sprung up so suddenly.

Time for a sandwich...