Monday 23 February 2009

And The Wind Blows


Hello there. I decided to have a little bit of a break from pictures and words and so forth and so on. It's been a looooong few weeks and I'm so looking forward to my real (not fake) day off tomorrow... sigh. I've got a new picture up for grabs in the shops. It's called "And the wind blows" I'm obviously still obsessing over autumn and foxes and the colour orange... It's pretty apparent now if you look through all of my most recent items posted on etsy.

Anyway! The print measures 8"x 10" and is in both shops with price tags and stuff and things... go see.

Apart from excessive amounts of reading and attemping to relax while at work I've been kittysitting for my mum. This (below) is Trent aka Demon, killer, monster, kitty kitty. He likes to kill things and show people. Some call this a sign of affection, I just say 'yuck'. The poor little guy had to stay in doors because our neighbourhoods filled with cats and he's a bully. So we figured making the neighbours and their pets angry wasn't a good thing to do. It turns out he's quite an affectionate little thing. He sat and watched loads of TV with us. I made sure I had some day shifts so I could spend some time with him in the evenings. It was altogether quite fun. He did however find a stray bag of Catnip (don't ask) tucked in the back of the drawer and covered the kitchen with it. He had a great time!

Going back to the books, I successfully purchased 3 wonderful books from Waterstones in their permanent 3 for 2 deal. It's very rare that you come out with 3 treasures (It's also VERY rare I fall for the offer). Usually you read half of 1 and use the rest as doorstops... I have a pile under my broken bed holding it up. The three I got though, which I highly recommend, were "Embers" by Sandor Marai, "December" by Elizabeth Winthrop and "The Gargoyle" by Andrew Davidson. (This one was the creme de la creme)
I'm still thirsty for fiction so I went out and bought another 3 books. I've read one and it was quite funny. "Up a tree at night with a hedgehog" by Paul Robert Smith. And I'm in the process of reading another which I'm really liking... I'll keep you posted... Enough of my rambling. I'm off to make some lunch, read some book and go to work.... again