Saturday 31 January 2009

A glimpse of the future


Not quite finished but on its way. I cunningly (stupidly) left my computer at work the other day to save carrying it around at a gig. It meant I woke up the next morning completely clueless on what to do. No printing, no emails, no blog, no writing.... gah... plus the dvd player in the living room has decided recently to go kaploooie. I was lost... but then I decided to move all of the bags of fabric I own into the living room and start creating. I nearly gave up but I persevered and it all started to come together. Now I'm so excited about finishing this project and starting a new one!

She's loosly based on the patterns The Black Apple uses for her beautiful dolls. I hope she doesn't mind but I didn't know where to start because this is the first doll I've made in probably 15 years... gulp. It's all trial and error... but it's fun. I'm going to have to get the sewing machine out for the next one though. Save some time and my spine.

There are still a few valentines cards left so grab them quick before they go and also to make sure they arrive in time for you to send them.

Back to work!